UPSC Recruitment 2014 – Various Posts(1291 Vacancies). Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Examination for recruitment to the Services and Posts mentioned below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on 24th Aug 2014. in accordance with the Rules published by the Department of Personnel & Training in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 31st May, 2014.
UPSC Civil Services Exam Vacancy Details:
Starting Date for Submission of Online Applications 31-05-2014.
Last Date for Submission of Online Applications 30-06-2014 till 11.59 PM.
Last Date for Payment of Fee through ‘Pay by Cash’ 29-06-2014 at 23.59 hrs.
Last Date for Payment of Fee through Online mode 30-06-2014 at 23.59 hrs.
Date of Preliminary Examination 24-08-2014.
Date of Main Examination December 2014.
Location: Across india
Name of the Posts:
Indian Administrative Service
Indian Foreign Service
Indian Police Service
Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
Indian Revenue Service (I.T), Group ‘A’.
Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr III)
Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’
Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’
Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
Qualification: Candidates must possess Degree or equivalent qualification of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University.
Age Limit: Candidates age should be above 21 years and below 32 years as on 01-08-2014 i.e., he/ she must have been born not earlier than 02-08-1982 and not later than 01-08-1993. The upper age relaxation is 05 years for SC/ ST, 03 years for OBC and 10 years for PH candidates. Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
Selection Procedure: The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages. Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination and Civil Services Main Examination (Written and Interview).
How to Apply: Eligible candidates may apply online through the UPSC website http://www.upsconline.nic.in from 31-05-2014 to 30-06-2014 till 11.59 PM. Retain printed copy of application form for future use.
Application Fee: Candidates need to Pay Rs.100/- either by online or offline mode. No Fee for Female/ SC/ ST/ PH candidates.
Online Mode: Candidates can pay the prescribed fee through online mode by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ Sate Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card up to 30-06-2014 at 23.59 hrs.
Offline Mode: Candidates can pay the prescribed fee through ‘Pay by Cash’ mode, take print out of system generated Pay in slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only up to 29-06-2014 at 23.50 hrs.
Instructions for Applying Online:
- Candidates should scan their photograph and signature for uploading.
- Log on to www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Click on ‘Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC’.
- Click on Part I Registration link which consists of personal details.
- After filling up all marked details of Part I, click on ‘Continue’ button.
- This will provide you with Registration ID, retain it.
- Enter the payment details in the appropriate place & Pay the Fee (if applicable).
- If the candidate has opted for the fee remission in the PART-I Registration these payment option and pages will not be shown to him and he will be directed to the photograph & signature specimen uploading page.
- To fill up Part II of Application, Registration Number and Date of Birth must be entered.
- Fill all marked details in the application form, upload photo & signature.
- After submission of all the details click on ‘Submit’ button and take the print of the hard copy of application form and retain it for future use.
Last Date: 30-06-2014
More Details: Click Here