Shipping Corporation of India Limited Recruitment 2014 for Marine Engineers. Shipping Corporation of India Limited has been released a notification to fill 40vacancies in Mumbai. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online from 11-08-2014, 17:00 hrs. Please read the below provided information such as educational qualification, application fees, selection procedure etc. carefully before applying for this job.
Shipping Corporation of India Limited Recruitment 2014 Details:
Date of commencement of On-line application on website: 14-07-2014 from 10:00 hrs.
Last date of submission of the on-line application by the candidates: 11-08-2014 up to 17:00 hrs
Last date for receipt of the hard copy of the application sheet: 18-08-2014 up to 17:00hrs
Date of on-line examination: 24-08-2014 11:00 hrs
Total Number of Vacancies: 40 Posts
Name of the Posts: Graduate Marine Engineer
Degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.E /B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering) from AICTE Approved Engineering College. Equivalent degree or degree with specialization or electives other than above educational qualification is not acceptable. Final year / semester students who have appeared for in the exam and expect their results by date 30.08.2014 are also eligible to apply.
Candidates must be in possession of valid degree in Engineering certificate with minimum 50% marks in final year of Engineering at the time of interview. However, candidates should have secured at least 50% marks in English language at Xth or XIIth class.
Maximum 24 years as on 1st September 2014 (Date of commencement of training). Candidates belonging to UR/OBC category must be born on or after 01.09.1990. Relaxations applicable to SC/ST candidates as per existing Govt. directives. Candidate belonging to SC/ST category must be born on or after 01.09.1985. Age relaxation of two years for women candidates.
Rs.1000/- for General (UR) and OBC candidates and Rs.500/- for SC & ST candidates, excluding NEFT bank charges.
- Before filling application form on-line candidates must Deposit the application fees. National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) and obtain UTR number from respective bank immediately after fees deposited.
Eligible candidates will be required to appear in the All India on line test at their own expenses and only candidates qualifying in the on line test will be called for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:3. (3 candidates called against 1 vacancy) keeping the provision of reservation for SC/ST/OBC & OBC Minority in view. The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. reserves the right to shortlist the candidates for on line test also.
Training and Course Fees:
After final short listing, the eligible candidate has to undergo shore based training for 8 months. The fee for training is approximately Rs.4, 00,000 (Approx. Rs. Four lakhs only) for male candidates and 3.35 lakhs (Approx. Rs. Three lakhs and thirty five thousand only) for female. Candidate to pay this fee directly to the Maritime Training Institute (MTI), Powai. Fees once paid are not refundable at any stage either in full or part.
How to Apply:
- Applications will be accepted online only from 14.07.2014 to 11.08.2014. Candidates have to log on to www.shipindia.com for the important instructions for filling the online application are:-
- Eligible candidates have to apply online only. It is mandatory that the candidates should have a valid e-mail id and mobile number while applying in order to facilitate faster communication. All future communications and correspondence will be through emails and our official website only.
- Before filling application on-line, candidates must deposit application fees in the prescribed bank and obtain NEFT UTR NUMBER from the respective bank. The details like amount of fees deposited, NEFT UTR number, Bank Name, Branch and Date of deposit needs to be entered in the application Form.
- Detailed instructions for filling the application form will be given under the “General Instructions”. Candidates should read all instructions before filling application form carefully.
- Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria and norms mentioned in this advertisement.
On saving on-line application with registration number, candidate has to download the printout of application form. Candidates are required, to paste a recent passport size photo in the space indicated, put his/her signature in the place and send the same application form SSC/HSC Passing Certificate for birth proof, All semester mark sheets, Degree Certificate, Caste certificate, Caste Validity Certificate . The application form with all attached documents must be sent by Ordinary-Post/Courier/Speed-Post/Registered-Post (No Hand delivery will be accepted) to the following address super scribing the envelope as:
“Application for GRADUATE MARINE ENGINEER”
- To prevent postal delay and/ or loss kindly ensure that the application is sent only to the address given above before due date and time. For Applications received after due date/time and other than by Ordinary-Post/Courier/Speed-Post/Registered-Post. Any delay at Candidates or at Post Office end, The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd. will NOT be responsible.
- Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all applications.
Click Here for Notification Details and Apply Online[ad 07]