IGNOU Research Fellowship Notification
The Indira Gandhi National Open University announces a scheme of awarding 100 Research Fellowships (IGNOU –RF) to full-time research (Ph.D) students who are enrolled with IGNOU.
The objective of the IGNOU-RF scheme is to provide opportunities to full time research (Ph.D) students who have no other financial support to undertake research leading to Ph.D degree in the disciplines offered by the IGNOU.
The scheme is available to meritorious student who have secured at least 55% marks in Post-graduation (relaxation as per Govt. of India rules for reserved Categories will be applicable) and who are willing to be registered in IGNOU’s Ph.D program as a full time research scholar. For the current cycle, the Scheme is available only to those candidates who are already pursuing Ph.D. with IGNOU on full time basis..
Nature of Assistance available under the scheme:
The tenure of IGNOU-RF is initially for a period of two years from the date of award. Upon completion of this period, the work of the fellow will be evaluated by the Doctoral Committee of the respective Discipline. If the research work is found satisfactory, fellowship for an additional year will be awarded to the candidate. The total period of IGNOU-RF is three years with no further provision of extension.
a) IGNOU-RF (Honorarium):
@Rs.5000/- pm. during the period of the award. No other grant or allowance e.g. contingent grant, house rent allowance etc. will be admissible to the candidate.
b) Medical :
No separate medical assistance or allowance is provided. However the RF may avail of the medical facilities at the campus medical unit.
i) IGNOU-RFs are entitled for a maximum period of 30 days of leave in a calendar year in addition to public holidays. They are not entitled to any other leave or vacation. Women candidates are eligible for maternity leave for 135 days at full rates of fellowships once during the tenure of their award.
ii) In special cases IGNOU –RFs may be allowed leave without fellowship by the university upto one academic year during the entire tenure of the award for acceptance of teaching assignments on a temporary basis. The period of leave without fellowship will be counted towards the tenure of the award.
Procedure for applying for the scheme:
The application form ( Annexure-1) complete in all respects, should be sent to :
Director, Research Unit
Room No-18, Block-6
Indira Gandhi National Open University
For more Details Click Here
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Government Jobs by Education
Latest Government Jobs
- APAHD Recruitment 2020 | Apply 78 Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Posts @ap.gov.in
- DDA Recruitment 2020 | Apply 286 Assistant Section Engineer, Jr. Engineer & Other Posts
- MAHAGENCO Recruitment 2020 | Apply 234 Executive Engineer, Addl EE & Other Vacancies
- WBPSC Recruitment 2020 | Apply Online for 244 Workshop Instructor Posts @pscwbonline.gov.in
Statewise Government Jobs
Latest Government Jobs
- State Bank SCO Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | SBI 477 State Bank of India Posts
- ERDDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply For 116 Edore Bank Assistant Posts @erddrb.in
- SLMDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | 141 SLMDRB Assistant Posts
- Kanchipuram Cooperative Bank Recruitment 2019 | Apply For KDCCB Assistant Posts | Online
All India Jobs was a great help for me to find my dream job.