IIS Banglore Recruitment 2014 – Various Posts The Indian Institute of Science was established in 1909 and is a premier autonomous institution for education and research in science and engineering, funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The Institute has recently completed a century of major contributions to the nation, and has put in place new infrastructure (buildings and equipment), several new interdisciplinary programs, and a brilliant faculty. Applications are invited for the positions of Assistant Registrar, Technical Officer, Administrative Assistant, Security Supervisor, and Junior Technical Assistant, as per the guidelines, procedures, and timelines outlined below.
IIS Bangalore Vacancy Details:
|S.No||Name of The Post||No fo Posts||Qualification||Pay or Salary||Age Limit|
|1||ASSISTANT REGISTRAR||06||A post-graduate degree with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade.
8 years of Supervisory experience in the relevant field in Govt/Semi-Govt./ Public Sector/Autonomous Organization/Educational Institution of higher learning. Of the 8 years, 5 years in PB2 + GP 4,600 or equivalent grade.
|2||TECHNICAL OFFICER||07||PhD in Science or Engineering, or post graduate in the relevant field in Engineering with minimum 55% marks. Experience: 3 years of relevant experience.||Rs.15,600-39,100/-||below 35years|
|3||ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT||10||Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% of marks with knowledge of computer applications OR 3 year Diploma (after 10+2 years of school) in Secretarial/Commercial Practice (English) with minimum 50% of marks.
Experience: 2 years relevant experience.
|4||SECURITY SUPERVISOR||02||Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks and with 8 years experience in security duties and/or handling fire fighting in Govt./Public Sector/Education Institution/Armed Forces/Paramilitary Forces/Police.||Rs.9,300-34,800/-||Below 40years|
|5||JUNIOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANT||07||Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field with minimum 55% marks OR 3 year Diploma in the relevant field with minimum 55% marks and with 2 years experience.||Rs.5,200-20,200/-||below 26 years|
Selection Procedure: Assistant Registrar/Technical Officer The selection will be based on the performance in the interview Security Supervisor, Administrative Assistant & Junior Technical Assistant: The process of selection will comprise a job-oriented test (practical and/or written) followed by an interview. Additional weightage may be given for qualifications that exceed the minimum requirements.The decision of the Institute in all matters regarding eligibility, conduct of test/interview, selection of candidates shall be final and binding on the candidates. No correspondence will be entertained by the Institute in this regard.
How To Apply: The completed application should be sent by Speed Post in the envelope superscribing ‘The Advertisement No. and the post applied for’. The application should be sent to
The Deputy Registrar (Council Section),
Indian Institute of Science,
Bangalore – 560 012
so as to reach on or before 1st April, 2014 by 5.00 p.m.
- Candidates must enclose copies of certificates, testimonials, etc., to their applications in support of their age, qualifications, experience, caste, etc.
- The degree or diploma must have been obtained from a recognized university.
- The date for determining the maximum age qualification shall be the closing date fixed for the receipt of applications.
- “Experience” means relevant experience after acquiring the minimum qualifications prescribed.
- Eligible individuals who are already in regular service with IISc can also apply.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are a minimum, and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for test/interview. Where the number of the applications received in response to an advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible for the Institute to test/interview all those candidates, the Institute may restrict the number of candidates for test/interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or by short listing such candidates who in the opinion of the Institute suit the Institute’s requirements.
Last date: 01-04-2014.
Click Here for More Details