Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2015-2016 for 61 Engineer and Other Posts
Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2015-2016 for 61 Engineer and Other Posts. Kolkata Port Trust has published a notification for the recruitment of 61 Senior Scientific Officer/ Executive Engineer/ Electronic Instrumentation Engineer/ Asst Hydraulic Engineer, Executive Engineer (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics & Communication), Senior Medical Officer, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Executive Engineer (Civil), Permanent Way Inspector, Senior Assistant Traffic Manager, Assistant Estate Manager (Legal), Senior Assistant Estate Manager vacancies on direct recruitment. Eligible candidates may apply in prescribed format of application on or before 21-12-2015.
About Kolkata Port:
Recruitment Notification Highlights
The Port of Kolkata is a riverine port in the city of Kolkata, India, located around 203 kilometres (126 mi) from the sea. It is the oldest operating port in India, and was constructed by the British East India Company.
The Port has two distinct dock systems – Kolkata Docks at Kolkata and a deep water dock at Haldia Dock Complex, Haldia.
In the 19th century Kolkata Port was the premier port in British India. After independence its importance decreased because of factors including the Partition of Bengal (1905), reduction in size of the port hinterland and economic stagnation in eastern India.
It has a vast hinterland comprising the entire North East of India including West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Assam, North East Hill States and two landlocked neighbouring countries namely, Nepal and Bhutan and also the Autonomous Region of Tibet (China). With the turn of the century the volume of throughput has again started increasing steadily.
Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2015-2016 Details:
Total Number of Vacancies: 61posts
Name of the Post:
- Scientific Officer/ Executive Engineer/ Electronic Instrumentation Engineer/ Asst Hydraulic Engineer (Class-I): 05 Posts
- Executive Engineer (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics & Communication) (Class-I): 25 Posts
- Senior Medical Officer (Class-I): 06 Posts
- Deputy Chief Medical Officer (Class-I): 06 Posts
- Executive Engineer (Civil) (Class-I): 08 Posts
- Permanent Way Inspector (Class-II): 01 Post
- Senior Assistant Traffic Manager (Class-I): 06 Posts
- Assistant Estate Manager (Legal) (Class-I): 01 Post
- Senior Assistant Estate Manager (Class-I): 03 Posts
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 21-12-2015.
Post No.1, 2, 5 to 9: Candidates upper age limit is 30 years.
Post No.3: Candidates upper age limit is 35 years.
Post No.4: Candidates upper age limit is 40 years. Age is relaxable for 5 years by SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates. For PWD candidates age is relaxable further by 10 years.
Post No.1 to 3, 5, 7 to 9: Scales of pay of Rs.20,600/- to 46,500/-
Post No.4: Scale of pay Rs.24,900/- to 50,500/-
Post No.6: Scale of pay Rs.16,400/- to 40,500/-
First Class Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering/Electronics/Electrical/Computer Science/ Information Technology or a Post Graduate degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/Geology/Environmental Engineering/ Electronics or any other relevant subject connected with Hydraulic Engineering and research. Degree or equivalent in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics and Communication, Engineering from a recognized university. MBBS degree from a recognized university. MBBS degree, PG Medical degree or PG Diploma in the specified specialty from a recognized university. Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering from a recognized university. Higher Secondary of equivalent. Degree in any discipline from recognized University. Must be a Law graduate of five years standing. Knowledge of procedures and practice in Civil and Commercial Laws. Degree with a Post Graduate degree/ diploma in Architecture/ Town and Country Planning or degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university.
How to Apply:
Signed application on plain paper furnishing name, date of birth, permanent address, mobile and residential telephone numbers, address for communication, nationality, whether SC/ST/OBC or minority, educational and professional qualification, experience and any other relevant information with two recent passport size photographs should be submitted in sealed envelope superscribing “Application for the post of — at Kolkata Dock System” to the Secretary, General Administration Department, Kolkata Port Trust, 15 Strand Road, Kolkata – 700 001. on or before 21-12-2015.
Recruitment Advertisement: Click Here
Related Government Jobs:
- NEIAH Recruitment 2015-2016 for 110 Teaching & Non Teaching Posts
- Coffee Board of India Recruitment 2015-2016 for 62 Extension Inspector Posts
- SCERT Delhi Recruitment 2015-2016 for 50 Faculty Jobs
- BIT Recruitment 2015-2016 for 42 Associate, Assistant Professor Posts
- CIAL Recruitment 2015-2016 for 21 Junior Assistant Trainee Posts
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Government Jobs by Education
Latest Government Jobs
- CSIR NAL Recruitment 2020 | 13 Senior Scientist and Scientist Posts | Apply Now!!
- DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020 for 167 Scientist B Posts | Apply Online @drdo.gov.in before July 20
- HPCL Rajasthan Recruitment 2020 | Apply 72 Engineer, Finance, Human Resource, Other Posts
- Karnataka Forest Guard Recruitment 2020 | Apply 339 KFD Forest Guard Vacancies @kfdrecruitment.in
Statewise Government Jobs
Latest Government Jobs
- State Bank SCO Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | SBI 477 State Bank of India Posts
- ERDDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply For 116 Edore Bank Assistant Posts @erddrb.in
- SLMDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | 141 SLMDRB Assistant Posts
- Kanchipuram Cooperative Bank Recruitment 2019 | Apply For KDCCB Assistant Posts | Online
All India Jobs was a great help for me to find my dream job.