Mumbai Port Trust Recruitment 2015-2016 for 12 Pilot, Marine Engineer Posts
Mumbai Port Trust Recruitment 2015-2016 for 12 Pilot, Marine Engineer Posts. Mumbai Port Trust has issued notification for the recruitment of Pilot & Marine Engineer vacancies on regular/ contract basis. Eligible candidates can apply in prescribed format of application on or before 31-12-2015.
About Mumbai Port Trust:
Mumbai Port Trust lies midway on the West coast of India, on the natural deep-water harbour of Mumbai. The harbour spread over 400 square kilometres (150 sq mi) is protected by the mainland of Konkan to its east and north and by the island city of Mumbai to its west. The harbour opens to the south to the Arabian Sea.
The port is administered by the Mumbai Port Trust (MbPT), an autonomous corporation wholly owned by the Government of India. The port is primarily used for bulk cargo, while most container traffic is directed to Nhava Sheva port across the harbour.
The first of the present-day docks of the Mumbai Port were built in the 1870s. Bombay Port Trust (BPT) was established as a corporation on June 26, 1873. BPT’s founding chairman was Colonel J.A. Ballard.
Port development was undertaken by the civil engineering partnership Sir John Wolfe-Barry and Lt Col Arthur John Barry as Joint Consulting Engineers to the Bombay Port Trust at the end of the nineteenth century.
From its establishment, the port has been the gateway to India, and was a primary factor in the emergence of Mumbai as the commercial capital of India. The port and the corporation took their present names in the 1990s.
Mumbai Port has three enclosed wet docks. Prince’s Dock was commissioned in 1880. As of 2008, it has 8 berths with a minimum draft of 6.4 metres (21 ft). Victoria Dock, commissioned in 1891, had 14 berths as of 2008 with a minimum draft of 6.7 metres (22 ft). Indira Dock, commissioned in 1914, had 21 berths, with a minimum draft of 7.0 metres (23.0 ft). Prince’s Dock and Victoria Dock are semi-tidal docks, with vessels docking and departing at high tide. Indira Dock has a lock, enabling vessels to enter or depart at any time.
Mumbai Port Trust Recruitment 2015-2016 Details:
Recruitment Notification Highlights
Total Number of Vacancies: 12posts
Name of the Posts:
1. Pilot: 7 Posts
a. SC: 2 Posts
b. SC: 3 Posts
c. OBC: 2 Posts
2. Marine Engineer: 5 Posts
a. SC: 1 Post
b. ST: 2 Posts
c. OBC: 2 Posts
Last Date for Receipt of Application: 31-12-2015.
For regular appointment: Upper age limit is upto 40 years, relaxable by 5 years for SC/ ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates.
For contract appointments: Maximum age for working as Pilot is 65 years and for Marine Engineer is 70 years, subject to medical fitness every year after the age of 60 years.
Post No.1: Must hold a certificate of competency as master of foreign going ship issued by the Ministry of Shipping, Govt. of India or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of Shipping, Govt. of India.
Post No.2: MOT I Class Motor certificate issued under Merchant Shipping Act, 1958.
Candidates will be selected based on Interview.
How to Apply:
The eligible candidates can send their application in the prescribed format along with self attested copies of essential qualifications, Competency Certificated, CDC, Caste Certificates, No Objection Certificate etc., through proper channel to Shri C. Chatterjee, Sr. Dy. Secretary, HR Section, General Administration Department, Port House, 2nd Floor, Shoorji Vallabhdas Marg, Ballard Estate, Mumbai – 400001 (email – firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 31-12-2015.
Related Government Jobs:
- GSSSB Recruitment 2015-2016 for 260 Sub Inspector of Police Jobs
- Corporation of Chennai Recruitment 2015-2016 for 132 Engineer and Inspector Posts
- BARC Recruitment 2015-2016 for 31 Technician and other Jobs
- Visakhapatnam Port Trust Recruitment 2015-2016 for 16 Manager Posts
- ESIC Gujarat Recruitment 2015-2016 for 204 Stenographer, UDC and MTS Posts
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Government Jobs by Education
Latest Government Jobs
- UPSIDC Recruitment 2020 | Apply 62 Assistant Engineer, Accounts Officer & Other Posts @onlineupsidc.com
- TNAHD Recruitment 2019 | 583 Veterinary Analyst Posts | Apply Online @tn.gov.in
- UKPSC Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | 12 Personal Assistant Vacancies @ukpsc.gov.in
- BPSSC Police Recruitment 2019 | Apply 1934 Enforcement Sub Inspector, Driver Constable Posts
Statewise Government Jobs
Latest Government Jobs
- State Bank SCO Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | SBI 477 State Bank of India Posts
- ERDDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply For 116 Edore Bank Assistant Posts @erddrb.in
- SLMDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | 141 SLMDRB Assistant Posts
- Kanchipuram Cooperative Bank Recruitment 2019 | Apply For KDCCB Assistant Posts | Online
All India Jobs was a great help for me to find my dream job.