OBC Recruitment 2015-2016 for 21 Manager Jobs
OBC Recruitment 2015-2016 for 21 Manager Jobs. Oriental Bank of Commerce has published a notification for the recruitment of Chief Manager (Risk Management), Senior Manager (Risk Management), Manager (IT, Forex & Debt/ Equity) (Specialist Officers) vacancies in full time basis. Interested and Eligible candidates may apply online from 7-12-2015 to 21-12-2015.
Oriental Bank of Commerce is an India-based bank established in Lahore (then a city of British India, and currently in Pakistan), is one of the public sector banks in India.
Rai Bahadur Lala Sohan Lal, the first Chairman of the Bank, founded OBC in 1943 in Lahore. Within four years of its coming into existence, OBC had to face Partition. The bank had to close down its branches in the newly formed Pakistan and shift its registered office from Lahore to Amritsar. Lala Karam Chand Thapar, the then Chairman of the Bank, in a unique gesture honoured the commitments made to the depositors from Pakistan and paid every rupee to its departing customers.
The Bank has witnessed many ups and downs since its establishment. The period of 1970-76 is said to be the most challenging phase in the history of the Bank. At one time profit plummeted to ₹175, that prompted the owner of the bank, the Thapar House, to sell / close the bank. Then employees and leaders of the Bank came forward to rescue the Bank. The owners were moved and had to change their decision of selling the bank and in turn they decided to improve the position of the bank with the active cooperation and support of all the employees. Their efforts bore fruits and performance of the bank improved significantly. This was the turning point in the history of the bank.
The bank was nationalised on 15 April 1980. At that time OBC ranked 19th among the 20 nationalised banks.
In 1997, OBC acquired two banks: Bari Doab Bank and Punjab Cooperative Bank. The acquisition of these two banks brought with it no additional branches.
The bank has progressed on several fronts, crossing the Business Mix mark of ₹2 lac crores as on 31 March 2010 making it the seventh largest Public Sector Bank in India.
On 14 August 2004, OBC amalgamated Global Trust Bank (GTB). GTB was a leading private sector bank in India that was associated with various financial discrepancies leading to a moratorium being imposed by RBI shortly before it merged into OBC. The acquisition brought with it 103 branches, which increased OBC’s branch total to 1092.
OBC Recruitment 2015-2016 Details:
Recruitment Notification Highlights
Total Number of Vacancies: 21posts
Name of the Post: Specialist Officer
- Chief Manager (Risk Management): 2 Posts
- Senior Manager (Risk Management): 5 Posts
- Manager (IT): 10 Posts
- Manager (Forex): 2 Posts
- Manager (Debt/ Equity): 2 Posts
Start Date for Submission of Online Application: 7-12-2015.
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 21-12-2015.
Post No.1: Candidates age must be minimum 25 to 40 years.
Post No.2: 25 to 35 years.
Post No.3 to 5: 23 to 35 years as on 1-10-2015.
Age limit is relaxation up to 5 years for SC/ ST, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for PwD candidates as per Govt. rules.
Post No.1: Rs.50,030/- to Rs.60,820/-
Post No.2: Rs.42,020/- to Rs.58,790/-
Post No.3 to 5: Rs.31,705/- to Rs.57,330/- + DA, Special Pay, HRA etc., and other allowances & perquisites shall be as per Bank rules.
Graduate in any stream of Mathematics/ Statistics/ Economics or Engineering with aggregate 60% marks or equivalent in CGPA and Post Graduation in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Economics or MBA in Finance/ Banking/ Risk Management or PG Diploma in Finance/ Banking/ Risk Management with aggregate 60% marks or equivalent in CGPA. Engineering Degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Electronics & Communication OR Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science/ Computer Applications/ Information Technology/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Electronics & Communication.
Graduate/Post Graduate preferably with Commerce/ Mathematics/ Economics background. Professional qualifications viz. CAIIB/ CA/ MBA/ CFA/ MCA etc., is desirable. Candidates must have relevant experience.
Candidates will be selected based on Written test, Group Discussion and Interview.
Candidates must have to pay Rs.500/- for all Others, Rs.50/- for SC/ ST candidates through online mode. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/ Visa/ MasterCard/ Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets by providing information as asked on the screen.
How to Apply:
The eligible candidates may apply online through website www.obcindia.co.in from 7-12-2015 to 21-12-2015.
Recruitment Advertisement: Click Here
Related Government Jobs:
- SSSB Punjab Recruitment 2015-2016 for 695 Clerk, DEO Posts
- Vizag Steel Plant Recruitment 2015-2016 for 366 Junior Trainee Posts
- JIPMER Recruitment 2015-2016 for 74 Senior Resident Jobs
- Howrah District Court Recruitment 2015-2016 for 59 Clerk and Other Posts
- University of Rajasthan Recruitment 2015-2016 for 38 Scientific, Technical Jobs
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Government Jobs by Education
Latest Government Jobs
- HPCL Rajasthan Recruitment 2020 | Apply 72 Engineer, Finance, Human Resource, Other Posts
- Karnataka Forest Guard Recruitment 2020 | Apply 339 KFD Forest Guard Vacancies @kfdrecruitment.in
- PCARD Bank Recruitment 2020 | 48 Accountant, Senior Field Officer, Senior Assistant & Other Posts | Apply Online @sahakara.kar.gov.in
- Assam Rifles GDMO Recruitment 2020 | Apply 27 Specialist Doctors, General Duty Medical Officer Vacancies
Statewise Government Jobs
Latest Government Jobs
- State Bank SCO Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | SBI 477 State Bank of India Posts
- ERDDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply For 116 Edore Bank Assistant Posts @erddrb.in
- SLMDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | 141 SLMDRB Assistant Posts
- Kanchipuram Cooperative Bank Recruitment 2019 | Apply For KDCCB Assistant Posts | Online
All India Jobs was a great help for me to find my dream job.