Panjab University Recruitment 2015-2016 for 35 Professor and Principal Posts
Panjab University Recruitment 2015-2016 for 35 Professor and Principal Posts. Panjab University, Chandigarh has published notification for the recruitment of 32 Assistant Professor vacancies in various subjects in the P.U. Constituent Colleges at Balachaur, Nihal Singh Wala, Sikhwala, and Guru Har Sahai & 3 Principal vacancies under various colleges. Eligible candidates may apply in prescribed format of application on or before 20-1-2016 up to 4:00 p.m.
About Panjab University:
Panjab University is a public Autonomous university located in Chandigarh, India. It was established in 1882 making it one of the oldest universities in India. Panjab University is ranked among the top institutions of higher education in India and in Asia.
The university has 75 teaching and research departments and 15 centres/chairs for teaching and research at the main campus located at Chandigarh. It has 10 affiliated colleges spread over the states of Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and U.T. of Chandigarh, with Regional Centres at Muktsar, Ludhiana and Hoshiarpur cities in Punjab state.
The campus is residential, spread over 550 acres (2.2 sq km) in sectors 14 and 25 of the city of Chandigarh. The main administrative and academic buildings are located in sector 14, beside a health centre, a sports complex, hostels and residential housing.
The main campus at Chandigarh is spread over 550 acres in sectors 14 and 25, the teaching area is in the north-east, with the Central Library, Fine Arts Museum, and three-winged structure of the Gandhi Bhawan forming its core; the sports complex, the health centre, and the shopping centre in the middle; 16 university hostel and residential area in the south-east, stretching into the adjacent sector 25 which also houses the University Institute of Engineering and Technology and Dr. Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of dental Sciences and Hospital, UIAMS, Institute of Biological sciences etc.
As a self-sustaining township, the campus has amenities like a State bank of India branch, Post and Telegraph Office, public transport system, open-air theatre, guest and faculty houses, seminar complexes, staff club, several spacious lawns, botanical and medicinal herbs gardens, a newly laid rose garden, a school and a day-care centre for the employees’ children. The campus is adjacent to a medical institution known as the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research. The teaching departments, students’ hostels, faculty residences and other amenities are all within walking distance of one another.
Panjab University Recruitment 2015-2016 Details:
Recruitment Notification Highlights
Total Number of Vacancies: 35posts
Name of the Posts:
A. Assistant Professor: 32 Posts
1. English (Gen): 4 Posts
2. Punjabi (SC): 4 Posts
3. History (Gen): 4 Posts
4. Physical Education: (Gen): 4 Posts
5. Political Science (Gen): 4 Posts
6. Sociology (Gen): 4 Posts
7. Computer Science (Gen): 4 Posts
8. Commerce (SC): 4 Posts
B. Principal: 3 Posts
1. P.U. Constituent College, Nihal Singh Wala, Distt. Moga: 1 Post
2. P.U.Constituent College, Sikhwala, Distt. Sri Muktsar Sahib: 1 Post
3. P.U.Constituent College, Guru Har Sahai, Distt. Ferozepur: 1 Post
Last Date for Receipt of Application: 20-1-2016 up to 4:00 p.m.
Post No.1: Rs.15,600/- to Rs.39,100/- + GP- Rs.6,000/-.
Post No.2: Rs.37,400/- to Rs.67,000/- + GP- Rs.10,000/-.
Post No.1: Good academic record as defined by the Concerned University with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ Physically & Visually Handicapped) or an equivalent grade. Must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by UGC like SLET/ SET.
Post No.2: A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ Physically & Visually Handicapped) or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed by a recognized University. A Ph.D. Degree in concerned/allied/relevant discipline(s) in the institution concerned with evidence of published work and research guidance.
Candidates will be selected based on Interview.
Candidates must have to pay Rs.375/- (Rs.150/- for SC/ ST and Rs.185/- for Physically Handicapped) to be deposited in Account No, 33417855484 of Panjab University, Chandigarh payable at all branches of State Bank of India.
How to Apply:
The eligible candidates may send their prescribed application form, self attested copies of certificates and Detailed Marks Cards in support of qualifications for Matriculation/ School leaving, 12th class, Graduation, Post-graduation, Doctoral degree must be attached with the application. The experience certificate if any must be in the desired
format available on the website. Attested copy of conversion formula in case of G.P.A. be also attached. Candidates should also attach copies of testimonials from three referees with the application by Post/ Courier to Panjab University, Chandigarh on or before 20-1-2016 up to 4:00 p.m.
Related Government Jobs:
- Vidyasagar University Recruitment 2015-2016 for 12 Teaching and Non Teaching Jobs
- Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation Recruitment 2015-2016 for 339 Accountants
- MANIT Recruitment 2015-2016 for 271 Professor Posts
- BFUHS Recruitment 2015-2016 for 70 Teaching and Non Teaching Faculty
- WB Municipal Service Commission Recruitment 2015-2016 for 133 Medical Officers
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Government Jobs by Education
Latest Government Jobs
- CSIR NAL Recruitment 2020 | 13 Senior Scientist and Scientist Posts | Apply Now!!
- DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020 for 167 Scientist B Posts | Apply Online @drdo.gov.in before July 20
- HPCL Rajasthan Recruitment 2020 | Apply 72 Engineer, Finance, Human Resource, Other Posts
- Karnataka Forest Guard Recruitment 2020 | Apply 339 KFD Forest Guard Vacancies @kfdrecruitment.in
Statewise Government Jobs
Latest Government Jobs
- State Bank SCO Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | SBI 477 State Bank of India Posts
- ERDDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply For 116 Edore Bank Assistant Posts @erddrb.in
- SLMDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | 141 SLMDRB Assistant Posts
- Kanchipuram Cooperative Bank Recruitment 2019 | Apply For KDCCB Assistant Posts | Online
All India Jobs was a great help for me to find my dream job.