Railway Recruitment Board Recruitment 2015-2016 18252 Jobs
Railway Recruitment Board Recruitment 2015-2016 18252 Jobs. Government of India, Ministry of Railways, Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has released notification for the recruitment of 18252 Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk, Goods Guard, Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Assistant Station Master, Traffic Assistant, Senior Time Keeper vacancies in Non Technical Popular Categories (Graduate) of various Zonal on Indian Railways. Eligible candidates may apply online on or before 25-1-2016 up to 23:59 Hrs.
In 1942, a Service Commission with a Chairman and two members was established for recruitment of Subordinate Staff on the then North West Railway was known as Railway Service Commission.
In 1945, the Services Commissions were set up at Bombay, Calcutta, Madras and Lucknow. In 1948, the Indian Railway Enquiry Committee reviewed working of commissions.In 1949, due to financial constraints a ban was imposed on recruitments on Indian Railways thus numbers of commissions was reduced to one centrally located at Bombay.In 1953-54 when Economic conditions of Indian Railway improved, four service commission were again set up at Bombay, Madras, Allahabad and Calcutta. In 1956, the Estimates committee generally approved the method of recruitment by the constitution of the Railway Service Commissions. In 1983, to cater to the needs of areas which were being neglected due to locations of the existing commissions, seven more commissions were set up viz, at Ahmedabad, Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhuvneshwar, Chandigarh, Jammu and Srinagar with sitting at Leh and Trivendrum. In 1984 two more service commissions were set up at Malda and Gorakhpur. In January, 1985 Railway Service Commissions have been renamed as Railway Recruitment Board (RRB). At present 19 Railway Recruitment Boards are functioning.
Railway Recruitment Board is an organisation of Government of India, which works for the appointment of new employees to work in Indian railways. Railway Recruitment boards have several boards working for it appoint new employees and they are situated in different parts of India. There are 21 RBB’s and they are RRB Ahemadabad, RRB Ajmer, RRB Allahabad, RRB Banglore, RRB Bhopal, RRB Bhubaneswar, RRB Bilaspur, RRB Chandigarh, RRB Chennai, RRB Gorakhpur, RRB Guwahati, RRB Jammu and Kashmir, RRB Kolkata, RRB Malda, RRB Mumbai, RRB Muzaffarpur, RRB Patna, RRB Ranchi, RRB Secunderabad, RRB Siliguri and RRB Thiruvantha-puram.
Railway Recruitment Board Recruitment 2015-2016 Details:
Recruitment Notification Highlights
Total Number of Vacancies: 18252posts
Name of the Posts:
1. Commercial Apprentice: 703 Posts
2. Traffic Apprentice: 1645 Posts
3. Enquiry-cum-Reservation Clerk: 127 Posts
4. Goods Guard: 7591 Posts
5. Junior Accounts Assistant-cum-Typist: 1205 Posts
6. Senior Clerk-cum-Typist: 869 Posts
7. Assistant Station Master: 5942 Posts
8. Traffic Assistant: 166 Posts
9. Senior Time Keeper: 4 Posts
Name of the Railway Recruitment Boards:
1. Ahmedabad: 1183 Posts
2. Ajmer: 1088 Posts
3. Allahabad: 2864 Posts
4. Bangalore: 610 Posts
5. Bhopal: 1151 Posts
6. Bhubaneswar: 770 Posts
7. Bilaspur: 302 Posts
8. Chandigarh: 304 Posts
9. Chennai: 976 Posts
10. Gorakhpur: 317 Posts
11. Guwahati: 409 Posts
12. Jammu-Srinagar: 171 Posts
13. Kolkata: 1408
14. Malda: 278 Posts
15. Mumbai: 2296 Posts
16. Muzaffarpur: 464 Posts
17. Patna: 714 Posts
18. Ranchi: 562 Posts
19. Secunderabad: 1618 Posts
20. Siliguri: 279 Posts
21. Thiruvananthapuram: 488 Posts
Date of Publication: 26-12-2015
Last Date to Apply Online: 25-1-2016 up to 23:59 Hrs
Last Date for Reprint of Application: 25-1-2016 up to 23:59 Hrs
Online Fee Payment: 26-12-2015 to 25-1-2016
Offline Fee Payment: 28-12-2015 to 22-1-2016
Tentative Dates/ slot of Common Computer Based Test/ Examination: March-May, 2016.
Candidates age must be between 18-32 years as on 1-1-2016. The upper age limit is relaxable as under 5 years for SC/ ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for Pwd (UR), 13 years for PwD (OBC), 15, years for PwD (SC/ ST) candidates and women/ divorced/ widows 35 years for UR, 38 years for OBC, 40 years for SC/ ST. Others relaxation as per rules.
Post No.1, 2: Rs.9,300/- to Rs.34,800/- + GP- Rs.4,200/-.
Post No.3 to 9: Rs.5,200/- to Rs.20,200/- + GP- Rs.2,800/ 2,000.
Post No.1 to 4, 7, 8: Degree from recognized University or its equivalent.
Post No.5, 6, 9: Degree from recognized University or its equivalent. Typing proficiency in English/ Hindi on Computer is essential.
Candidates will be selected based on Common single stage Computer Based Test (CBT), Typing Skill Test, Aptitude Test.
Candidates must have to pay Rs.100/- through Online using internet banking or Debit Cards or can be paid through Challan in any branch of SBI or computerized Post Office Pay-In-Slip. No fee for SC/ ST/ Ex-servicemen/ Women/ Minorities/ Transgender Persons with Disability and Economically Backward Classes with annual family income less than Rs.50,000/-.
How to Apply:
The eligible candidates may apply online through the concerned RRB website on or before 25-1-2016 up to 23:59 Hrs.
Recruitment Advertisement: Click Here
Apply Online: Click Here
How to Apply and Other Details: Click Here
Related Government Jobs:
- Jharkhand Government 2015-2016 for 2150 Multipurpose Health Worker Posts
- FACT Recruitment 2015-2016 for 126 Engineering Jobs
- ESIC Ludhiana Recruitment 2015-2016 for 80 Medical Posts
- Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2015-2016 for 40 Jobs
- Corporation Bank Hyderabad Recruitment 2015-2016 for 17 Peons, Sweepers, House Keepers Posts
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Government Jobs by Education
Latest Government Jobs
- HAL Recruitment 2021 | Apply Online for 100 Management Trainee & Design Trainee Posts @hal-india.co.in
- CSIR NAL Recruitment 2020 | 13 Senior Scientist and Scientist Posts | Apply Now!!
- DRDO RAC Recruitment 2020 for 167 Scientist B Posts | Apply Online @drdo.gov.in before July 20
- HPCL Rajasthan Recruitment 2020 | Apply 72 Engineer, Finance, Human Resource, Other Posts
Statewise Government Jobs
Latest Government Jobs
- State Bank SCO Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | SBI 477 State Bank of India Posts
- ERDDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply For 116 Edore Bank Assistant Posts @erddrb.in
- SLMDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | 141 SLMDRB Assistant Posts
- Kanchipuram Cooperative Bank Recruitment 2019 | Apply For KDCCB Assistant Posts | Online
All India Jobs was a great help for me to find my dream job.