Visakhapatnam Port Trust Recruitment 2015-2016 for 58 Electrician and Other Jobs
Visakhapatnam Port Trust Recruitment 2015-2016 for 58 Electrician and Other Jobs. Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Department, Visakhapatnam Port Trust has announced notification for the recruitment of Welder, Electrician, Fitter, Mechanic (Motor Vehicle), Carpenter, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Electronics Mechanic, Turner vacancies under Apprenticeship Act 1961. Eligible candidates may apply in prescribed format of application on or before 16-12-2015.
About Visakhapatnam Port Trust:
Visakhapatnam was an ancient Port city which had trade relations with the Middle East and Rome. Ships were anchored at open roads and were loaded with cargo transported from Visakhapatnam shore by means of small Masula boats. A reference to Vizagapatam merchant is available in the inscriptions of Sri Bheemeswara Swamy temple (1068 AD), East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh. During 12th century AD, Vizagapatam was a fortified merchandize town managed by a guild. It has become a settlement of a branch of East India Company in 1682. Rs. 83 lakh worth of goods were moved through Vizagapatam / Bhimunipatnam in 1882-83.
Principal commodities traded at anchorage Port included Muslin cloth – manufactured at Uppada (East Godavari District), Manganese ore – exports to UK and USA, Oilseeds, jaggery, jute and indigo, hides and skins. Extensive trade relations existed with Burma. Vessels of British India Steam Navigation Company regularly visited the Port.
With the advent of British Rule, in 1858, the need for a port in this part of the country was emphasized in a report of a British Survey Party. Later in 1877 a report called Vizag the Port of Central Provinces further emphasized the need for construction of a Port at Visakhapatnam. It was only after the I World War (1914-18) that the proposal of Col.H.Cartwright Reid of British Admiralty for construction of a harbour at Visakhapatnam at the mouth of river Meghadrigedda was approved by the Government.
The unique feature of the harbour has been the Island Break-water, constructed by scuttling two old ships JANUS and WELLESDON which form the skeleton around which a rubble mound is formed. Two engineers Mr.W.C.Ash and Mr.D.B.Rattenberry were instrumental in making this engineering marvel a reality.
Visakhapatnam Port Trust Recruitment 2015-2016 Details:
Recruitment Notification Highlights
Total Number of Vacancies: 58posts
Name of the Posts:
- Welder: 9 Posts
- Electrician: 12 Posts
- Fitter: 21 Posts
- Mechanic (Motor Vehicle): 3 Posts
- Carpenter: 3 Posts
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning: 1 Post
- Electronics Mechanic: 5 Posts
- Turner: 4 Posts
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 16-12-2015
Candidates should have completed minimum 14 years of age as on 30.11.2015.
Payment of Stipend:
During the first year of training : Rs.5,924/- per month. (as applicable)
During the second year of training : Rs.6,770 /- per month.
During the third year of training : Rs.7,616 /- per month.
Candidates must have passed ITI in relevant trade.
Those who are short-listed basing on merit of marks secured in the qualifying exams will only be called for certificates verification.
How to Apply:
The eligible candidates filled in applications in the prescribed proforma with latest passport size photo along with necessary certificates duly attested by a Gazetted Officer shall be submitted to the Chief Mechanical Engineer, Visakhapatnam Port Trust, Visakhapatnam-530 035 either by post or in person on or before 16-12-2015.
Recruitment Advertisement & Application Form: Click Here
Related Government Jobs:
- NHM Recruitment 2015-2016 for 45 Consultant and Other Posts
- DRDA Jobs 2015-2016 for 26 Multi Purpose Assistants
- Central Ordnance Depot Recruitment 2015-2016 for 113 MTS and Other Jobs
- DHFWS Recruitment 2015-2016 for 66 GDMO, DEO and Other Posts
- District Inspector of Schools Jobs 2015-2016 for 63 Guest Teachers
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Government Jobs by Education
Latest Government Jobs
- HDFC Recruitment 2020 | Apply for 12,000 Future Bankers Program Vacancies @www.hdfcbank.com
- KDRB Recruitment 2020 | 30 LDC, Teacher, Elathalam Player & Other Posts | Apply Online @kdrb.kerala.gov.in
- RBI Consultant Recruitment 2020 | Apply 39 Analyst, Administrator, Specialist, and Other Vacancies
- TNPCB Recruitment 2020 | 242 Assistant Engineer, Environment Scientist, Junior Assistant & Typist Posts | Apply Online
Statewise Government Jobs
Latest Government Jobs
- State Bank SCO Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | SBI 477 State Bank of India Posts
- ERDDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply For 116 Edore Bank Assistant Posts @erddrb.in
- SLMDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | 141 SLMDRB Assistant Posts
- Kanchipuram Cooperative Bank Recruitment 2019 | Apply For KDCCB Assistant Posts | Online
All India Jobs was a great help for me to find my dream job.