GMDC Recruitment 2016 for 20 Sahayak Posts
GMDC Recruitment 2016 for 20 Sahayak Posts. Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation Limited (GMDC), Ahmedabad has issued notification for the recruitment of Jr. Overman [Sahayak] vacancies on contract basis. Eligible candidates can attend for walk in interview on 18-1-2016 at 11:00 a.m.
Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation Limited (GMDC) is a major minerals and lignite mining company of India. It is State owned company owned by Government of Gujarat. GMDC was founded in 1963. Its corporate headquarters is at Ahmedabad.
Its product range includes essential energy minerals like lignite, base metals and industrial minerals like bauxite and flourspar. Gujrat government as given its green signal to GMDC to form a joint venture with NALCO for a 1 mtpa refinery.
GMDC also owns and runs Akrimota Thermal Power Station a 250 MW (2×125 MW) lignite-based thermal power plant located in village Nanichher in Lakhpat Taluka, Kutch District.
The company has grown in strength since its inception over the years. In 1963 the company commenced its operation with small silica sand quarry. In 1964 it started with bauxite mines in Kutch and now operates six bauxite mines. In 1971, a beneficiation plant was commissioned by GMDC to process 500 M.T of fluorspar ore and to produce calcium fluoride used for the manufacture of Hydro-fluoric acid and as flux in metallurgical industries. A captive mine at Ambadungar was established also to feed the plant. In 1976 lignite was discovered in Gujarat and GMDC started its first lignite mines at Panadhro. In 1980, a captive refining plant with copper mines was set up by GMDC near Ambaji. In 1983, another lignite mine was discovered & started by it at Rajpardi near Bharuch. In 1992, it established a calcination plant to add value to the bauxite mined by it at Gadhsisha in Kutch. In 1996, to use the lignite mined by it, GMDC also started thermal power plant at Nani-Chher in Kutch. In 2005 & 2009 more lignite mines were started by GMDC at Tadkeshwar near Surat and near Bhavnagar, respectively. Also in 2006 it developed manganese ore mines at Shivarajpur in Panchmahals. It is also setting up an Alumina plant with Raytheon Corporation of USA.
GMDC Recruitment 2016 Details:
Recruitment Notification Highlights
Total Number of Vacancies: 20posts
Name of the Posts: Jr. Overman [Sahayak]
Name of the Category:
1. SC: 1 Post
2. ST: 6 Posts
3. SEBC: 4 Posts
4. UR: 9 Posts
Important Dates for GMDC Recruitment 2016:
Date and Time of Interview: 18-1-2016 at 11:00 a.m.
Venue: Chief General Manager, Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation Limited, Khanij Bhavan, 132 ft ring road, University Ground, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad–380052.
Candidates maximum age must be 30 years as on 28-12-2015. Can be relaxed for reserved category for 5 years. Age relaxation will also be available to departmental candidates.
Rs.7,100/- + Rs.1,900/- special allowance per month.
Candidates must have passed Diploma in Mining with minimum 55% marks and Computer knowledge essential.
Candidates will be selected based on Personal Interview.
How to Apply GMDC Recruitment 2016:
The eligible candidates can attend for walk in interview along with their Educational certificates, Mark sheets, Caste Certificate in original and one self attested copy thereof on 18-1-2016 at 11:00 a.m.
Recruitment Advertisement: Click Here
Related Government Jobs:
- Collectorate Nabarangpur Recruitment 2016 for 115 Sikshya Sahayak Jobs
- SSA Balrampur Recruitment 2016 for 88 Assistant Jobs
- Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation Recruitment 2016 for 66 Engineer Jobs
- Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation Recruitment 2016 for 61 Medical Posts
- NEEPCO Recruitment 2016 for 55 Trainee Engineer Jobs
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Government Jobs by Education
Latest Government Jobs
- SBI Manager Recruitment 2020 | Apply 45 Deputy Manager Law Vacancies @www.sbi.co.in
- SCI Recruitment 2020 | Apply Online for 46 Assistant Manager Posts @shipindia.com
- DEE Assam Recruitment 2020 | 9635 Lower Primary Teacher, Upper Primary Teacher Posts | Apply Online
- KSTDC Recruitment 2020 | Apply Offline | 121 Assistant Manager, Store Keeper & Other Vacancy
Statewise Government Jobs
Latest Government Jobs
- State Bank SCO Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | SBI 477 State Bank of India Posts
- ERDDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply For 116 Edore Bank Assistant Posts @erddrb.in
- SLMDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | 141 SLMDRB Assistant Posts
- Kanchipuram Cooperative Bank Recruitment 2019 | Apply For KDCCB Assistant Posts | Online
All India Jobs was a great help for me to find my dream job.