PGCIL Recruitment 2016 for 164 Executive Trainee Jobs
PGCIL Recruitment 2016 for 164 Executive Trainee Jobs. Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) has released notification for the recruitment of 164 Executive Trainee vacancies of 21st Batch. Eligible candidates with valid score in the GATE-2016 may apply online from 15-1-2016 to 29-2-2016.
The Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) is an Indian state-owned electric utilities company headquartered in Gurgaon, India. POWERGRID transmits about 50% of the total power generated in India on its transmission network. Its subsidiary company, Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO) handles power management for Power Grid. POWERGRID also operates a telecom business under the name POWERTEL. Shri IS Jha, an alumni of National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur serves as the Chairman and Managing Director of the company.
Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) was incorporated on October 23, 1989 under the Companies Act, 1956 with an authorized share capital of Rs. 5,000 Crore (subsequently enhanced to Rs. 10,000 Crore in Financial Year (FY) 2007-08) as a public limited company, wholly owned by the Government of India.
Its original name was the ‘National Power Transmission Corporation Limited’, and it was charged with planning, executing, owning, operating and maintaining high-voltage transmission systems in the country. On 8 November 1990, the National Power Transmission Corporation received its Certificate for Commencement of Business. Their name was subsequently changed to Power Grid Corporation of India Limited, which took effect on October 23, 1992.
POWERGRID started functioning on management basis with effect from August, 1991 and subsequently it took over transmission assets from NTPC, NHPC, NEEPCO, NLC, NPC, THDC, SJVNL etc. in a phased manner and it commenced commercial operation in 1992-93. In addition to this, it also took over the operation of existing Regional Load Despatch Centers (RLDCs) from Central Electricity Authority (CEA), in a phased manner from 1994 to 1996, which have been upgraded and modernized with State of-the-art Unified Load Despatch and Communication (ULDC) schemes. Consequently, National Load Despatch Centre (NLDC) was established in 2009 for overall coordination at National level.
PGCIL Recruitment 2016 Details:
Recruitment Notification Highlights
Total Number of Vacancies: 164posts
Name of the Posts: Executive Trainee
1. Electrical: 138 Posts
2. Electronics: 15 Posts
3. Civil: 6 Posts
4. Computer Science: 5 Posts
Important Dates for PGCIL Recruitment 2016:
Start Date to Apply Online: 15-1-2016.
Last Date to Apply Online: 29-2-2016.
Date of Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted in: May/ June 2016 onwards.
Candidates upper age limit is 28 years as on 31-12-2015. Relaxation in upper age limit 5 years for SC/ ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for PwD candidates as per Govt. Rules.
Rs.24,900/- to Rs.50,500/- during the one year training period.
Candidates must have passed Full Time B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University/ Institute in Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/Power System Engg/ Power Engg/ Electronics/ Electronics and Communication/ Civil Engineering/ Computer Science/ Computer Engg/ Information Technology with minimum 65% marks.
Candidates will be selected based on GATE-2016, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
How to Apply PGCIL Recruitment 2016:
The eligible candidates may apply online through the website www.powergridindia.com from 15-1-2016 to 29-2-2016.
Recruitment Advertisement: Click Here
Related Government Jobs:
- ICDS Recruitment 2016 for 135 Anganwadi Worker Posts
- DPAR Puducherry Recruitment 2016 for 41 Stenographer Posts
- Public Health Department Recruitment 2016 for 421 Medical Jobs
- NFL Recruitment 2016 for 89 Management Trainee Posts
- Zilla Panchayat Rajnandgaon Recruitment 2016 for 84 Teaching Posts
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Government Jobs by Education
Latest Government Jobs
- Power Grid Wr II Recruitment 2020 | Apply 53 PGCIL Field Engineer, Supervisor Vacancies
- Bank of Maharashtra Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online for 300 Generalist Officer Scale II, III Posts @bankofmaharashtra.in
- TNPSC Recruitment 2020 | Apply 12 Tamil Nadu PSC Assistant Director Vacancies
- RSMSSB Recruitment 2020 | 4207 Patwari Posts | Apply Online @rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in
Statewise Government Jobs
Latest Government Jobs
- State Bank SCO Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | SBI 477 State Bank of India Posts
- ERDDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply For 116 Edore Bank Assistant Posts @erddrb.in
- SLMDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | 141 SLMDRB Assistant Posts
- Kanchipuram Cooperative Bank Recruitment 2019 | Apply For KDCCB Assistant Posts | Online
All India Jobs was a great help for me to find my dream job.