Current Affairs Today | Current Affairs and GK 22nd December 2017
Today’s Current Affairs are given here for the sake of aspirants who are waiting. All India Jobs is the right place for you to brush up your GK. This is a fresh update on the Latest Current Affairs on 22nd December 2017. Rely on us for daily Current Affairs Today & GK updates, and we won’t let you down.
Our team at All India Jobs has painstakingly gathered all this information only from official sources. We looked into all different sources and are giving you these quick news updates. In below sections, you can find the topmost Current Affairs Today. So, let’s get started and ace that job interview or exam!
Current Affairs Today
Recruitment Notification Highlights
- 1 Current Affairs Today
- 2 The Union Cabinet Approved To Set Up India’s First Rail University in Gujarat
- 2.0.1 Union Cabinet has Approved Rs1,300 Crore for Skill Development Scheme
- 2.0.2 The Ministry of Railways is going to Launch Swarn Project
- 2.0.3 SEBI Raised the Investment Limit For FPI
- 2.0.4 RBI Puts Bank of India under Prompt Corrective Action (PCA)
- 2.0.5 Justice Umesh Dattatraya Salvi Takes Charge as NGT Chairman
The Union Cabinet Approved To Set Up India’s First Rail University in Gujarat
The Cabinet has approved a project which has been in pending for the past three years. This project is to set up India’s National Rail and Transport University (NRTU) in Vadodara in Gujarat. A not-for-profit company under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013, will be created by the ministry of railways which is the managing company of the proposed university.
Union Cabinet has Approved Rs1,300 Crore for Skill Development Scheme
To create more jobs in the textile sector, the Union cabinet has approved a Rs1,300 crore for skill development scheme. Jobs in the textile sector are hit by demonetization and GST. The cabinet signed this amount which will help millions of people to increase their skills.
The Ministry of Railways is going to Launch Swarn Project
The Ministry of Railways is going to launch “Project Swarn”. The primary aim of this project is to improve the passenger experience across nine dimensions which include coach interiors, toilets, onboard cleanliness, staff behavior, catering, linen, punctuality, security, built-in entertainment.
Real-time feedback is also a part of Swarn Project. In total, 14 Rajdhani and 15 Shatabdi trains will be included. Railways are allowed to spend upto 50 lakh per rake for improvement of trains.
SEBI Raised the Investment Limit For FPI
The Capital market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) hikes foreign portfolio investors (FPI) investment limit upto 1.91 lakh crore from January 2018. Currently, the FPI investment limit is 1.89 lakh crore rupees. The move is a part of an effort by SEBI to increase overseas investors in the country’s capital markets.
RBI Puts Bank of India under Prompt Corrective Action (PCA)
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has started ‘prompt corrective action’ (PCA) against the bank over high bad loans said by the BOI. As in the notification, high net non-performing assets (NPA), insufficient common equity tier 1 (CET1) capital and negative return on assets (ROA) for two consecutive years have prompted the action. RBI has also put United Bank of India on a corrective action plan. From past four years, this is the second time that UBI came under regulatory sanctions.
Justice Umesh Dattatraya Salvi Takes Charge as NGT Chairman
After the retirement of Justice Swatanter Kumar, Justice Umesh Dattatraya Salvi took charge as an acting Chairperson of the National Green Tribunal (NGT). Until that date, either a new chairperson is appointed, orJustice Salvi will continue in office until the time of his retirement. He is going retire on February 13, 2018.
Quality Current Affairs are hard to find these days. We know that you enjoyed reading our Current affairs today. See you tomorrow with more NEWS Updates. Don’t miss out on GK by failing to bookmark our website All India Jobs.
If you feel that you are a walking GK Book, you must try our GK Quiz which we update regularly.
Be on the know,
be a winner.
Government Jobs by Education
Latest Government Jobs
- APAHD Recruitment 2020 | Apply 78 Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Posts @ap.gov.in
- DDA Recruitment 2020 | Apply 286 Assistant Section Engineer, Jr. Engineer & Other Posts
- MAHAGENCO Recruitment 2020 | Apply 234 Executive Engineer, Addl EE & Other Vacancies
- WBPSC Recruitment 2020 | Apply Online for 244 Workshop Instructor Posts @pscwbonline.gov.in
Statewise Government Jobs
Latest Government Jobs
- State Bank SCO Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | SBI 477 State Bank of India Posts
- ERDDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply For 116 Edore Bank Assistant Posts @erddrb.in
- SLMDRB Assistant Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online | 141 SLMDRB Assistant Posts
- Kanchipuram Cooperative Bank Recruitment 2019 | Apply For KDCCB Assistant Posts | Online
All India Jobs was a great help for me to find my dream job.