Central University of Karnataka Recruitment 2014 for Teaching Staff. Central University of Karnataka has been released a notification for 48 jobs or vacancies in Karnataka. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on or before 19-07-2014, 5.00 p.m. Please read the below provided information such as educational qualification, application fees, selection procedure etc. carefully before applying for this job.
Central University of Karnataka Recruitment 2014 Details:
Last date for submitting the application: 19-07-2014, 5.00 p.m.
Total Number of Vacancies: 48 Posts
Name of the Posts Subject vise:
1. English: 10 Posts
2. Hindi: 02 Posts
3. Psychology: 03 Posts
4. Social Work: 03 Posts
5. Economics: 03 Posts
6. Management Studies: 06 Posts
7. Chemistry: 02 Posts
8. Physics: 03 Posts
9. Mathematics: 05 Posts
10.Geology: 03 Posts
11.Geography: 03 Posts
12.Computer Apllications(MCA): 03 Posts
13.Civil Engineering: 01 Posts
14.Computer Engineering: 01 Posts
For desirable qualification Check out the official notification.
Pay or Salary:
- Rs. 30,000/- for candidates possessing UGC/CSIR- NET/SLET
- Rs. 35,000/- for candidates possessing UGC/CSIR- NET/SLET with Ph.D in the relevant subject.
- The reservation policy of Govt. of India will be followed. Reservation is as under:. SC-08, ST-03, OBC-12, PWD-01 (Physically Handicapped), UR-24.
- These engagements are purely on contract basis and for a maximum period of (02) semester or (10) months or until permanent faculty join the department, whichever is earlier.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason.
- Candidates already in employment would be required to submit a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer prior to the interview, failing which they may not be considered for appointment.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. More stringent criteria may be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview. Applicants having higher qualification and merit will be given preference. All other criteria being equal, persons belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD will be given preference.
- Relaxation of 5% may be provided at the Graduate and Master’s level for the SC/ST/Differently-abled (Physically and Visually differently abled) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- A relaxation of 5% in marks (55% to 50%) be provided to the Ph.D degree holders who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- In case of grade system, relevant grade (equivalent of 55% as computed by UGC norms) shall also be considered eligible.
- At time of interview, candidate should carry copies of certificates and mark-sheets from matriculation (10th Standard) onwards and reprints of publications along with one set of photo copies of attested documents.
- The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at the time of joining for the contract engagement. At any time that the documents submitted by the candidates are found fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents / background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall be terminated immediately and appropriate action initiated as deemed fit.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection of contractual engagement, which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the University reserves right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate.
- In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the University shall be final.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- No interim correspondence shall be entertained.
- All cases are subject to Gulbarga court jurisdiction only.
- The University reserves the right not to fill up any of the vacancies advertised, if the circumstances so warrant.
- The period of contract shall be extended if necessary, after a review process of the performance of candidate by a duly constituted committee.
- The contract engagement can be terminated at any time with one month’s notice without assigning any reason. The candidate is also required to give one month’s advance notice or else deposit one month’s salary to terminate the contract.
- The incumbent may also be asked to teach in other Schools of the University, besides the School he/she belongs.
- The contractual engagement does not entitle him/her to any other service benefits other than the consolidated amount paid, besides casual leave of one day per month.
- The appointment will not establish any right / claim to regularization of the service.
- There would be no medical reimbursement.
- Retired teachers, below the age of 65 may also apply. The above clause 4.1 are not applicable for them.
- The University reserves the right to change or alter the number of vacancies against any of the posts advertised or not to fill any vacancy.
- Outstation candidates belonging to SC/ST categories called for interview before Selection Committee will be paid second-class railway fare on production of confirmed railway tickets/proof.
How to Apply:
Application form and general information are available on University website www.cuk.ac.in which can be downloaded. Filled-in application form with self-attested copies of other documents viz., education & experience certificates, publications, etc., should reach the Office of Registrar, Central University of Karnataka, Administrative Building, Kadaganchi, Aland Road, Aland (Tq), Gulbarga – 585 311 by 5.00 pm on 19th July 2014. Please superscribe clearly on the envelope as “Application for faculty on contract basis – Dept of …………………”.
Click Here for Notification Details and Apply